To announce an award or electronic article on this page, send email to
Susan Hersch: Susan Hersch won a 3rd place award in the Graphics Division for a pastel landscape in San Leandro Art Association’s 55th Annual Festival of Fine Art at the Casa Peralta.
Larry Berger: Larry Berger had 3 pieces of his Green Art Furniture in the Marin Country Fair and took a 2nd for art chair, a 1st for yardstick table, and a Best of Show 3D for his Boat cabinet. www.intothewoodsstudio.com
Alameda County Fair:
- Best of Show & Best of Class: Oil - Gabrielle Gutierrez.
- Best of Class: Print - Karen Barry
- Best of Class: Pastel - Christine Bourg
- Fair Theme Award - Diane Rodriguez
- California State Parks Award: 1st - Norma Webb, 3rd - David Casterson.
- Silver Awards: Acrylic - Gabrielle Guiterrez. Watercolor - Lawrence Gipson. Oil - Norma Webb. Watercolor - Marianne Foote.
- Honorable Mentions: Acrylic - Anna Instenes. Drawing: Oil - Barbara Stanton. Oil - David Casterson. Glass, Karen Milelli. Wood - David Goosman.
- Best of Class - Barbara Mallon
- Silver - Ron Rigge
- Honorable Mentions - Marc Davis, Barbara Mallon, and Chuck McGregor
Plein Air Competition
- 2nd Prize went to Mahesh Baishya.
- Fine Arts
Rebecca Chow: iRebecca Chow’s work, “Dazzle3,” was selected to be part of an exhibit in August at the Diego Rivera Gallery, 800 Chestnut Street, San Francisco. The exhibit was juried by Gina Basso, Public Programs Associate at SFMOMA.
ADAS Primevera 2014 Awards: PAL & LAA Members’ Awards, ADAS’s Primavera 2014: Mark Mertens, Megan Parks-Haller, Loralee Chapleau, Eric Haggin, Susan Howell, Kerry McGehee, Lisa Rigge and Arena Shawn. Contratulations!
Larry Berger: Larry Berger: Three pieces have been accepted into Gallery 85’s “RethinkIT.” Gallery 85 is on Santana Row, San Jose.
“In a Golden State" Show: Diane Rodriguez and Norma Webb were accepted into “In a Golden State”, the 84th statewide California Landscapes by California Artists exhibit at the Santa Cruz Art League. Juror was David A. Leffel. The show continues until July 6.
58th Annual Haggin Museum National Exhibit: Glenyse Henschel, Maryann Kot, Diane Rodriguez and Arena Shawn have been accepted into the 58th Annual Haggin Museum National Exhibit August 7 through September 28. Congratulations! The Haggin Museum is at 1902 Pacific Avenue, Stockton. The reception will be on August 7 from 5:30 until 8:00 pm.
- Art Display Sale For Sale: Custom Made Flat File/Mat Holder; 3 moveable wood sections. Excellent condition! The 2 flat files can be stacked. 46” W x 45” H x 32 ½” D. Ten shelves 4 ½” deep. 4 are removable. Mat/frame holder, 27 ½” W x 45” H x 32 ½” D (6 partitions). Price $250. Willing to negotiate. If interested, contact Bea O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist’s Working Spaces Available Private studio available at the Bothwell Art Center’s main site at 2466 8th Street. One open working space and one semi-private space at the Downtown Art Studios at 62 So. L Street. Contact email@example.com for details or an appointment.
Articles and Talks
Barbara Stanton's Historic Mural
Learn more about Barbara Stanton's historic
mural. Read about it in an Independent newspaper
Bud Donaldson News Article
Bud Donalson is recipient of the Jeffeson Award. See
the complete video at