To announce an award or electronic article on this page, send email to
Alameda County Fair:
- Director’s Purchase Awards to Edward Ortman and Kathleen Hill.
- Plein Air Contest: 3rd Place Alka Vaidya
- Best of Class: Oil, David Casterson
- Best of Class, Prints, Karen Barry
- Silver Awards: Diane Rodriguez, Anna Instenes, Marianne Foote, Steffi Gross, Barbara Stanton, David Casterson.
- Honorable Mentions: Diane Rodriguez, Maitraxi Pithadiya, Edward Ortman, William Charuhas, Phillip Dean, David Casterson, Bsarbara Stanton, Charlotte Severin and Mark Shawver.
- Art Sculpture: Best of Show: David Goosman; Best of Class, David Goosman; Silver Award: Mark Knize
- Photography: Honorable Mention: Lisa Rigge
Kerry McGehee: Kerry J McGehee’s, photograph “Sea Wolf,” has been selected for the juried exhibition, “Seeing Red” at the Village Theatre Art Gallery in Danville. The exhibit runs from June 26 to August 22.
Linda Beach: Linda Beach’s pastel, “Last Caper” has been accepted for the “For Pastels Only 2015” exhibit of the Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod. The juried show will be at the Cultural Arts Center in South Yarmouth, MA from June 17 to July 12.
Fresh Works Show Awards: Merit Awards to Sally Haig for “Miss Jennings” & “Miss DeMedici” and to Tatiana Salvator for “Cristo Redentor.
Primavera Show Awards: Honorable Mentions to Mary Lloyd, Ron Rigge and Norma Webb.
Essential Nude Show Awards: Best of show - John Tullis, Pastel Drawing, “Inky’s Sister"
Merit Awards: Roswitha Kress, Mixed Medium over Monotype, “Chiyo", Craig Janke, Oil Painting, “Cynthia", Nancy Roberts, Charcoal, & Pastel, “Magnoliah with Chair", Peter McNeill, Conte Drawing, “Nude with Splayed Hair", David Hill, Mixed Medium, “3 Muses"
Honorable Mentions: Claudia Bossert, Acrylic Painting, “Feel Me”, Lorraine Wells, Pencil Drawing, “Silk Drawers”, Ian Kelcourse, Charcoal Drawing, “Emily”, Big Al Lopez, White Charcoal & Pencil Drawing, “Chillin' with Pearls”, Barbara Stanton, Digital Drawing, “Standing Figure”, Lisa Larsen, Acrylic Painting, “Sleeping Woman”, Matt Haber, Photograph, “Erica, Triangle 2008”, Arena Sharn, Chalk & Charcoal, “Serenity"
- Mat Cutter for Sale: Professional size mat cutter (C & H) and table plus some Crescent boards for matting $195.00. Please call Bruce & Moselle Ruark at 925 551-0411.
- Art Studio Spaces Available in Livermore: Open working space rental is $1.50 per square foot for a 12 month lease, and $1.85 per square foot for month-to-month. Ranges from under $100 to $175. Two-thirds of the space is dedicated to inexpensive open but dedicated working spaces, where artists can work and leave their supplies out, in an environment where they can mingle with other artists and keep that art vibe happening. The other half is set up for semi-private working space. The studios are within walking distance of favorite downtown boutiques, coffee houses and restaurants. Currently several spaces are available; 15 artist maximum. Occasional public events. Contact Carol Edwards, email@example.com
Articles and Talks
Barbara Stanton's Historic Mural
Learn more about Barbara Stanton's historic
mural. Read about it in an Independent newspaper
Bud Donaldson News Article
Bud Donalson is recipient of the Jeffeson Award. See
the complete video at