If you wish to announce a show or event for artists to
enter, send email to
Shows/Events to Enter
- What: Art Under the Oaks
- Where: Alden Lane Nursery, located at 981 Alden Lane in Livermore
Saturday, July 19th and Sunday, July 20th from
11 a.m. to 4 p.m
Deadline for entries is Friday April 25th
- Application: Applications are on hold until March 24. Please do not contact Erin Davis or Alden Lane Nursery.
- What: 'The Essential Nude', a collection of fine figurative art by local artists. The figures in the work can be clothed and otherwise.
- Where: Bothwell Arts Center, located at 2466 Eight St. in Livermore
Show: Fri., April 25th - Sun. April 27th:
11:00AM - 4:00PM
Recieving: Saturday, April 19th, 1:00 - 4:00PM Bothwell Art Center, 2466 Eight St. West End
Reception: Thursday, April 24th, 7:00 - 9:00PM
Peoples Choice Award: Announcement Sun. April 21st at 3:30
Artist Pick Up Work: Sun., April 27th, 4:00 - 5:00PM
- Application: Download
- What: LAA Art in the Vineyard
- Where: Wente Vineyards, 5565 Tesla Rd., Livermore, CA
Show: May 25, 2014, 11 am - 5 pm
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
- Application: Closed
- What: LAA Spring Art Show
- Where: The Barn in Livermore
Show: April 5 and 6 from 10 am to 5 pm
Recpetion: April 5 from 7 - 9 pm
Receiving: April 1 from 10 am - 2 pm
Pick up: April 6 from 5 - 6 pm
Application deadline is March 3
To participate in the LAA store, you must be a member of LAA and have work in the show. You must work 4 hours in the LAA store. If you are interested in participating in the store, send email to Maryann Kot at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been invited to hang our sixth show,
"Imagination Expressed 2014", at the
Pleasanton's Museum on Main Street (MoM). The
exhibit will run from March 12 - May 4, 2014.
The Museum provides an excellent opportunity
to gain exposure and potential to sell your
work. We have a limited amount of space for
large paintings (frame larger than 36").
Available space, size of artwork and number of participants will determine how many pieces by each artist will be displayed. We will probably have space equal to one side of a panel (36" W x 72" H) for each artist although work will not be arranged by artist. We estimate each artist will be able to submit two or three entries depending on size. PAL volunteers; e.g., Board members, committee chairs or members who help with Set Up and Receiving for this event may have an opportunity to display additional pieces if space is available.
Artwork may be any subject; it is not limited to local scenes. We have a lot of space in glass cases for display of three-dimensional work. Artists entering three-dimensional work to be displayed in the glass cases will not be limited to two or three pieces.
Paintings must be framed and ready for hanging with wire - no screw eyes or saw-tooth hangers. Wire should be securely attached to the frame so that it does not show when hung on a single hook. Artwork not properly framed will not be accepted. No wet paintings or soiled frames or mats.
- Where: Museum on the Main in Pleasanton
Show: March 12 - May 4
Receiving: Monday, March 10th, 2 - 4 PM
Reception: Sunday, Mar. 16th, 2 - 4 PM
Pick-Up: Monday, May 5th, 10 AM - noon
- Application: Send email to email@example.com
- What: We have been invited to hang our sixth show, "Imagination Expressed 2014", at the Pleasanton's Museum on Main Street (MoM). The exhibit will run from March 12 - May 4, 2014. The Museum provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and potential to sell your work. We have a limited amount of space for large paintings (frame larger than 36").
Want to Buy: Art Supplies, Equipment, Frames
& Discounted Art?
Want to Sell: Art Related Items That you are No Longer Using?
You’ll find all sorts of paint, canvas, frames, easels, pads of paper, instructional books, equipment, etc. It is a great place to find arts & crafts supplies to get kids started in art.
This is a no commission, cash & carry event. Discount your art for one day only!
10 x 10 spaces $25. No assigned spaces. First come, you choose.
- Where: Delucci Park, Pleasanton
- When: Saturday, April 26, 9 am to 2 pm
- Information: Send email to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Want to Buy: Art Supplies, Equipment, Frames & Discounted Art?
- What: PAL Alviso Adobe Show
- Where: Alviso Adobe in Pleasanton
Show: March 7-9, 2014
Receiving: Thursday, March 6, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Pick-Up: Sunday, March 9, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Application: Download
- What: This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase and sell your art among the flowers and live music. Please send 3 jpegs of your current work to Simone Archer at email@example.com with your information including full name, medium, phone number, email and website (if you have one).
- Where: Regan Nursery in Fremont, CA
June 21st and 22nd, from 11 am to 4 pm
Submission deadline is May 1
- Application: Send email to Kathy Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Rabbit Art Show: The Bothwell Downtown Studios is calling all artists to submit work for a benefit for The East Bay Rabbit Rescue. We are going to have a preview reception at Open Studios on Thursday evening, April 10, 2014 for the art. It will then travel to Alden Lane Nursery for a special showing and Silent Auction during Art Under the Oaks in July in Ruthie’s Room. We have many details to iron out, but we wanted to get you creative people on board! If you are interested in working on this project, please contact Kathleen Hill at email@example.com
- Where: Downtown Bothwell Art Studios in Livermore
Reception: April 10, 2014
Silent Auction during Art Under the Oaks on July 19 and 20 in Ruthie’s Room at Alden Lane Nursery
- Application: Send email to Kathy Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Shout for Women Veterans. Swords to Plowshares is having their 6th Annual art show which will feature multiple pieces whose works give voice to women veterans, service members, and families, friends and loved ones of women who served in the military. May 8, 2014, final date and place tbd.
- Where: TBD
- When: TBD
- Information: Visit www.swords-to-plowshares.org/shout
- What: Theme is “Celebrate the Resurrection”--from Luke Chapter 24.
- Where: Trinity Church, 557 Olivina Ave., Livermore.
- When: April 26 and 27
- Application: Visit www.trinitylivermore.org
- What: Annual Juried Photography Show at the Lodi Community Art Center This is the largest open juried art show, that’s free to the public, in Northern California. The on-line entry system will start taking entries at our web site on January 5th, 2014. There will be seven categories of art with cash awards to artists of more than $5,000.00, including a $1,000 for Best of Show. The theme for the Preview Night Benefit is “Puttin’ on the Ritz for Art”.
- Where: Lodi Community Art Center
When: April 11th through 13th
- Information: Visit www.lodiartcenter.org
- What: 74th Annual International Open Exhibition Northwest Watercolor Society invites artists to enter the 74th Annual International Open Exhibition. Anticipating $11,000 in awards. Online entries accepted beginning October 20, 2013.
- When: April 19 – June 6, 2014
- Application: Visit www.NWWS.org
Science/Fiction is an exhibition exploring the
intersection of scientific inquiry, instrument
manufacture, aesthetics and the fictional
narratives which surround the real world and
the extra-terrestrial. From Space exploration
to Roswell, NM, both artists and scientists
are obsessed with locating meaning in the
beauty and the mystery of unknown worlds.
Scientific instruments are expertly crafted
sculptures whose function is to reveal the
working mechanisms of the world around us.
Cells seen at microscopic level are miniature
landscapes that reference the geometry of our
larger environment and are detailed with
exquisite, gem-like beauty.
Every year MIT hosts a Conference that focuses on the discussion between art, science and technology and we are hoping that Science/Fiction will attract a wide range of creative individuals working in media across the spectrum. Fledgling artists and students are encouraged to submit work and we look forward to seeing how your ideas become translated into objects.
Artwork can be any media including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, glass-work, ceramics, drawing, and assemblage. The submission of multimedia pieces is also encouraged, including photography, digital collage, short films (5-10 min.) and soundscapes. The deadline for consideration of your work for our postcards and press release is Friday, April 4th, and the final deadline for consideration of your work in the show is Monday, April 14th.
- Where: The Sun Gallery in Hayward
- When: April 24th to June 1, 2014
- Information: Send email to email@example.com
- What: Science/Fiction is an exhibition exploring the intersection of scientific inquiry, instrument manufacture, aesthetics and the fictional narratives which surround the real world and the extra-terrestrial. From Space exploration to Roswell, NM, both artists and scientists are obsessed with locating meaning in the beauty and the mystery of unknown worlds. Scientific instruments are expertly crafted sculptures whose function is to reveal the working mechanisms of the world around us. Cells seen at microscopic level are miniature landscapes that reference the geometry of our larger environment and are detailed with exquisite, gem-like beauty.
- What: Lodi’s 54th Juried Art Show
- Where: Lodi, CA
- When: April 11th through 13th
- Application: Visit http://www.lodiartcenter.org
- What: Fresh Works IV
- Where: Firehouse Arts Center, in Pleasanton
When: Saturday, May 3 through June 7
- Application: Visit www.firehousearts.org/images/stories/Entry_Form_Fresh_Works_-__2014_Exhibit_at_FAC_-_011414.pdf
- What: Artshow.com seeks entries for the 10th annual Art Kudos Competition. $4,500 in cash awards. The award winners will be selected by Graeme Reid, Director of Collections & Exhibitions at the Museum of Wisconsin Art. Open to all artists 18 years or older. No video or wearable art.
- Where: Online at www.artkudos.com
When: Show: August 15, 2014 - August 15, 2015
Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
- Information: Visit www.artkudos.com/callforentries.html
- What: Looking for artist voluneers to help out on July 24 from 12:30 to 4 pm to help veterans create art, or do other tasks. Additionally, artists are needed different times throughout the year to help teach art at the Veterans home.
- Where: Vetrans home in Livermore, CA
- When: July 24 and throughout the year.
- Information: Send email to Bud Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What: Become a Docent! Share your passion for art with your community! The Village Theatre Art Gallery is seeking volunteers who will lead, teach, and inspire our community to appreciate fine art. Becoming a docent offers you the opportunity to learn about different works of art, artists, historical periods, and cultures. Docents provide an essential link between the exhibit and the visitor and are the heart of the museum experience. No experience necessary. Training will be provided, and flexible shifts are available.
- Where: The Village Theatre Art Gallery, Danville, CA
- When: Open
- Information: contact Jane Laris via email at email@example.com or call (925) 314-3465.
More show links...
A listing of more shows can be found at artshow.com