If you wish to announce a show or event for artists to
enter, send email to
Shows/Events to Enter
The Art Under the Oaks Show is one of the most
successful arts and crafts shows in Livermore,
attracting both collectors and casual shoppers.
This show is sponsored by the Livermore Art
Association and Alden Lane Nursery and is held
under the beautiful shade trees at Alden Lane
Nursery on July 18 and 19. Applications will
start to be accepted on April 1. The
application deadline is May 4.
Attention All PAL and LAA Members: You are invited, whether you have a booth at the show or not, to submit a piece of art for a chance to win $200 if it is selected for use in the Art Under the Oaks door prize drawing. The final selection is made by Alden Lane Nursery employees, and the winner of the art is announced at the show. The value of your work should be about $200 and can be either 2D or 3D. Drop-off is June 18-24, and pick-up is July 1 at the nursery during regular nursery hours. Make sure that your name and phone number are clearly written and attached to the work so you can be contacted if you win.
- Where: Alden Lane Nursery in Livermore.
Show: July 18 and 19
Application accepted on or after April 1
Application Due: May 4
- Application: Download
- Information: Send Erin Davis email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: The Art Under the Oaks Show is one of the most successful arts and crafts shows in Livermore, attracting both collectors and casual shoppers. This show is sponsored by the Livermore Art Association and Alden Lane Nursery and is held under the beautiful shade trees at Alden Lane Nursery on July 18 and 19. Applications will start to be accepted on April 1. The application deadline is May 4.
- What: LAA is holding its annual Art in the Vineyard show at Wente Vineyards Estate Winery. Only 2 Dimensional Fine Art, Sculpture, Photography and Ceramics can show.
- Where: Wente Vineyards Estate Winery, 5565 Tesla Rd. Livermore, CA
Show: Sunday May 24, 2015, from 11:00am. to
Application Due: March 2, 2015
- Application: Closed
- Information: Send Edmee Keele email at email@example.com
Art on the Green will take place on the
Bankhead Plaza Green, Livermore, on the third
Saturday June through September. This event
has been created to increase awareness for the
visual arts in the Livermore area. Sponsored
by the Bothwell Arts Center and the Livermore
Valley Performing Arts Center.
The event is open to all artists displaying artist-only products; demonstrations and/or education. All art must be family acceptable.
Vendors are allowed a 10 x 10 space and there is no limit on display pieces.
$20 space fee for each Saturday reserved. There is no commission. All sales must be handled by the vendors.
Contact Anne Giancola at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP a space for Art on the Green.
- Where: Bankhead Plaza Green in front of the Bankhead Theater in Livermore, CA
- When: Art on the Green will run the third Saturday June through September, 2-5 p.m. June 20, July 18, August 15, September 19.
Download plaza map.
- What: Art on the Green will take place on the Bankhead Plaza Green, Livermore, on the third Saturday June through September. This event has been created to increase awareness for the visual arts in the Livermore area. Sponsored by the Bothwell Arts Center and the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center.
The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center is Hosting
their 3rd Annual Open Fine Art Competition
Online entry is now available! To enter up to three pieces of art, go to elkgrovefineartscenter.org and choose Competition under the "Events" menu. Simply enter your information, attach jpg's of your art, and pay fees on our secure site by May 9th to enter! Entry can also be done in person at the arts center Wednesdays-Saturdays from 11AM - 4PM.
- Where: Elk Grove, CA
Show: June 6 - 25
Reception: June 6, 4-7 pm
- What: The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center is Hosting their 3rd Annual Open Fine Art Competition June 6th,2015!
- What: Vacaville Art Gallery 38th Juried Art Show
- Where: VacaVille, CA
Show: June 6 to July 4
Reception: June 6, 6 - 8 pm
- Information: Send email to email@example.com or visit vacavilleartgallery.org
- What: The Alameda County Fair announces its 2015 Fine Art, Photography and Poetry Competitions. New this year: All submissions to the Fine Arts or Art Sculpture departments MUST be photographed and uploaded digitally to the internet for the first round of judging.
- Where: Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton
Show: June 17 - July 5
Application due May 20.
- Application: Visit annual.alamedacountyfair.com/compete/adult-competitions
- Information: Send Susan Tselos email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Photography: The Full Spectrum, North Valley Art League 2015 International Juried Photography Show
- Where: Carter House Gallery, Redding, CA
- When: April 28 to May 30
- Information: Send email to email@example.com li>
- What: This walking event is located in picturesque downtown Pleasanton. Thousands of people will enjoy chalk artists, performances, poets and pianos, art exhibits, local dining and more. Rent a booth space in the prime shopping location by the Firehouse Art Center.
- Where: Downtown Pleasanton
- When: Saturday, May 9 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Information: Send email to Jill at JVellinger@comcast.net
- What: First Wednesdays 2015 in downtown Pleasanton
- Where: Downtown Pleasanton
- When: First Wednesday of the month
- Information: Individual artists can contact Dirk at Studio 7 and apply to have a space to show their art (although no tables are provided this year). 925 846-4322.
- What: Brentwood Art, Wine & Jazz Festival
- Where: 2565 Sand Creek Rd. Brentwood at The Streets of Brentwood.
Saturday & Sunday, August 29 & 30
Application Deadline: postmarked by July 15, 2015
- Information: For an Artist Application Packet, Contact Committee Chair Rosalinda Grejsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What: All media accepted, included but not limited to collage, assemblage, mixed media, new media (video), and installation. Multidisciplinary work is encouraged.SIZE RESTRICTIONS: None
- Where: Benicia, California
Show: July 29 - September 9, 2015
Application Deadline: June 17, 2015
- Application: Visit http://artsbenicia.org/payment-page-for-fragments/?utm_source=Call+for+Entries+FRAGMENTS&utm_campaign=Fragments+2015&utm_medium=email
Art Kudos is an annual international juried
competition that serves to recognize and honor
excellence in the visual arts. Artists who are
selected as finalists benefit from world-wide
exposure in a year-long online exhibition
(www.artkudos.com) and have the opportunity to
win cash awards for their exemplary work.
A total of $4,500 will be awarded as follows: Best of Show - $1,200; Second Place - $1,000; Third Place - $750; Founder's Award of Distinction - $500; (3) Merit Awards - $250 each; (3) Honorable Mentions - $100 each.
Each year a distinguished art professional is chosen to serve as the awards judge and ensure a diverse range of perspectives and expertise. We are very pleased to have Charles Long serving as the awards judge for the 2015 exhibition. Long is an internationally exhibited artist with over forty solo shows and is also the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, two NEA Grants, two Pollock-Krasner Grants and a Louis Comfort Tiffany grant. He is a Professor of Art at the University of California, Riverside.
The Art Kudos competition is sponsored by Artshow.com, a company that offers web-based services and resources for artists and arts organizations.
- Where: Online. Visit www.artkudos.com
- When: 2015
- Enter: Visit http://artkudos.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=fk0FHQBOVVQDCg
- What: Art Kudos is an annual international juried competition that serves to recognize and honor excellence in the visual arts. Artists who are selected as finalists benefit from world-wide exposure in a year-long online exhibition (www.artkudos.com) and have the opportunity to win cash awards for their exemplary work.
- What: This exhibit is open to photographic processes including film and digital capture, and prints created by digital methods, as well as traditional and alternative processes. Digital modifications, enhancements, and transformations such as multi-image composites are welcome.
- Where: Santa Cruz Art League, 526 Broadway, Santa Cruz, CA
Show: July 10 through August 9, 2015
Application Deadline: May 25 by 11:59
- Enter: Visit click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=22913500&msgid=740378&act=2ELT&c=119207&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onlinejuriedshows.com%2FDefault.aspx%3FOJSID%3D435
- What: he Alameda County Arts Commission is building a public collection of artwork created by professional Alameda County artists. Artwork purchased through the 2015 Purchase Program will become part of the Alameda County Art Collection and will be placed in County buildings for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public. Through this program the County collects high‐quality artwork and promotes the wide range of artistic talent and expression in Alameda County. The Collection showcases a variety of artistic styles, media, and concepts. Professional artists making 2‐dimensional or low‐relief, wall‐mounted artwork are invited to apply. Artwork submitted for consideration must have a broad appeal and be appropriate for a variety of public spaces with visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
- Where: Alameda County
- When: Application Deadline: May 15, 2015
- Information: Please see acgov.org/arts/pdfs/2015_Purchase_Program_Call_for_Artwork_3-5-15fv.pdf
- Information: Apply at www.callforentry.org Go to 'View All Calls' and search for 'Alameda'
A Call for Mixed Media, Sculpture and Found
Object Assemblage based Artwork.
The Sun Gallery will host an exhibition “Transformations 2: Recycled and Upcycled” from June 18 - August 1, 2015. An artist’s touch transforms materials and objects into artworks that are beautiful and imaginative. This exhibition will showcase works of art where the creative act has altered simple ideas and materials in a variety of ways including painting, collage, sculpture and found object assemblage.
We are calling for submissions of art for this exhibit. Artwork can be any media including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, glass-work, ceramics, drawing, photography and assemblage. In particular the exhibition will focus on artworks that have been re-created (up-cycled!) from preexisting objects and images. Artwork will be juried for entry digitally or by photo at no cost to the artist. The deadline for consideration of your work is Sunday May 31st, 2015 (to be on the postcards)
You may email your contact information,including your email address and phone number, along with your jpeg images to the curator at email@example.com with Transformations in the subject line or by regular mail to 1015 E St., Hayward CA 94541-5210. JPEGs should be no larger than 8” in height and 300 dpi maximum. Please name your files as follows: firstinitial.lastname.title.jpg. If you are submitting via CD, please use the same criteria.
- Where: Sun Gallery in Hayward.
- When: June 18 - August 1
- Information: Send email to the Sun Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: A Call for Mixed Media, Sculpture and Found Object Assemblage based Artwork.
- What: Looking for artist voluneers to help out on July 24 from 12:30 to 4 pm to help veterans create art, or do other tasks. Additionally, artists are needed different times throughout the year to help teach art at the Veterans home.
- Where: Vetrans home in Livermore, CA
- When: July 24 and throughout the year.
- Information: Send email to Bud Donaldson at email@example.com.
More show links...
A listing of more shows can be found at artshow.com