If you wish to announce a show or event for artists to
enter, send email to
Shows/Events to Enter
- What: LAA Absolutly Abstract
- Where: Livermore Civic Center Library, located at 1188 South Livermore Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550-9315
Show: September 2 - 30 , 2014
Receiving: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon
Pick Up: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 10:30 am to 12 noon
- Application: Download
The Pleasanton Art League is pleased to have
been asked to invite artists of the Tri-Valley
area to participate in Dublin's "splatter"
event this year. The event is held on
Saturday, September 20th. It is one of the
most well attended events in the area. We are
looking for artists to be involved in both a
"hands-on" activities for children of all
ages, as well as to staff our art booth which
will hold our local artwork. We will be able
to have our artwork for sale. Two 10' x 20'
tents will be provided - one for the hands-on
activities, and one for the art show.
In addition, tables will be provided for artists to engage the public with opportunities to try out various art materials and to demonstrate their work. "Tasting of the Arts" is our main theme, to dovetail with "Tasting of Food" and "Tasting of Wine". We are hoping to have artists who work with ink, colored pencils, acrylics, watercolor, gel mediums, etc to be on hand to interact with the public and let them "taste" the making of art. We'd also like some ideas of activities that work well for hands-on activities.
The opportunity to hang local artwork is on a first come, first serve basis. We ask that if you only want to show artwork and not be part of the volunteer hands-on team, to please donate $10 towards the purchase of supplies for this event. Space is limited, and our deadline is near, so be sure to respond quickly in order to participate.
"splatter" runs from noon - 8 pm, with set-up being around 11am. We need to have volunteers to man both tents covering for this time-frame. However, if for some reason you need to leave early, it is requested that we do not leave before 6 pm, and if you do leave at 6, you'll need to tote your things back to your car on your own. Otherwise, there is staff available to help you haul your things into and out of the tent areas via golf carts at set-up and at the 8pm take-down.
f you are interested in volunteering or displaying a piece or two of artwork, please contact Lisa Rigge email@example.com (please call if you do not get a confirming email back from me) and send Linda Jeffrey Sailors firstname.lastname@example.org a jpeg of the works you would like to have displayed.
It is extremely important that you get back to us by JULY 25th!
- Where: Dublin, CA
Show: September 20
Deadline for entries is July 25
- What: The Pleasanton Art League is pleased to have been asked to invite artists of the Tri-Valley area to participate in Dublin's "splatter" event this year. The event is held on Saturday, September 20th. It is one of the most well attended events in the area. We are looking for artists to be involved in both a "hands-on" activities for children of all ages, as well as to staff our art booth which will hold our local artwork. We will be able to have our artwork for sale. Two 10' x 20' tents will be provided - one for the hands-on activities, and one for the art show.
- What: 2014 Pleasanton Art League Fall Members’ Exhibit at the Firehouse
- Where: Pleasanton Firehouse Arts Center
- When: Show: September 27 to October 25, 2014 Pre-register: by September 3
- Application: Download
- Information: Contact Pat Smith at email@example.com
- What: ArtWalk provides you with exposure to thousands of art-lovers and brings a vibrant sense of an “Arts District for a Day” to beautiful downtown Livermore. Should you choose to participate, you select your booth or table site in advance from our map (trade-show style). Sites can be occupied by a sole artist or shared by a group at the same price (although you will need a group leader as contact). Spaces are allotted on a first come, first served basis and the favorites go quickly, so please turn in your applications with payment as soon as possible in order to get the location you want. An early bird discount will be given on registrations that are postmarked or delivered to the Bothwell Arts Center mailbox by July 31st, 2014. Please note, the FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 2, 2014.
- Where: Downtown Livermore
- When: October 11
- Application: Download from bothwellartscenter.org. Click the ArtWalk button on the middle of the page, left hand side.
- Information: Send email to Linda Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: ArtBlock, artists’ booth spaces, will again be available at Downtown Pleasanton’s 1st Wednesday Street Party May 7, June 4, July 2, August 6, September 3. Spaces are 10’ x 10’ and one 8 foot table and a folding chair will be provided at no charge. A centralized purchasing station will be maintained by Studio Seven Arts as required by the City of Pleasanton for all purchases. 30% of all sales will be paid to Pleasanton Downtown Association and Studio Seven Arts. Dirk Christiansen is recruiting artists for the events.
- Where: Downtown Pleasanton
- When: See Above
- Information: Send email to email@example.com
The City of Livermore's Downtown Tree Sweater
Forest is a temporary Fiber Art Installation that
is open to all Tri-Valley
residents who knit or crochet. Both novice and
expert crafters are invited to participate as
individuals or as part of a
group. Livermore residents will be given first
This project is sponsored by the City of Livermore Commission for the Arts and Livermore Downtown. Our corporate sponsor, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Stores, has donated yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks and meeting/project work space at their Livermore store.
At the end of the project all tree sweaters, along with proceeds after expenses, will be donated to the Valley Humane Society. The tree sweaters will be used as comfort pieces/bedding for shelter pets.
- Where: Downtown Livermore.
When: Show: September 27 - November 22
- Become a Sponsor: Download
- What: The City of Livermore's Downtown Tree Sweater Forest is a temporary Fiber Art Installation that is open to all Tri-Valley residents who knit or crochet. Both novice and expert crafters are invited to participate as individuals or as part of a group. Livermore residents will be given first opportunity.
- What: Looking for artist voluneers to help out on July 24 from 12:30 to 4 pm to help veterans create art, or do other tasks. Additionally, artists are needed different times throughout the year to help teach art at the Veterans home.
- Where: Vetrans home in Livermore, CA
- When: July 24 and throughout the year.
- Information: Send email to Bud Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What: Become a Docent! Share your passion for art with your community! The Village Theatre Art Gallery is seeking volunteers who will lead, teach, and inspire our community to appreciate fine art. Becoming a docent offers you the opportunity to learn about different works of art, artists, historical periods, and cultures. Docents provide an essential link between the exhibit and the visitor and are the heart of the museum experience. No experience necessary. Training will be provided, and flexible shifts are available.
- Where: The Village Theatre Art Gallery, Danville, CA
- When: Open
- Information: contact Jane Laris via email at email@example.com or call (925) 314-3465.
More show links...
A listing of more shows can be found at artshow.com