To announce an event or activity on this page, send email to
Events, Exhibits and Activites
- What: The Livermore Art Association Gallery opens the year with a new show titled Fresh Starts. Along with new work from current member artists, Fresh Starts will feature artwork by new gallery members that include Lynn Bernstein, who works in pastels and does landscapes and seascapes, Mike Robles, who renders a variety of subjects in watercolor or acrylics, and Eric Willyerd a woodworker who produces assorted bowls and platters. The gallery also welcomes back former members, Bob Gardner a potter and Sharon Gardner who fabricates hand woven textiles. Additionally, January will spotlight the work of three guest artists; abstract and representational genres by watercolorist Linda Sailors, black and white photographs by Walter Davies, and abstract oil paintings by Courtney Jacobs. Please make time to come by and see what‘s new!
- When: Through April
- Where: LAA Gallery
Linda Jeffery Sailors will show her abstract
watercolors on the Nancy Thompson Memorial PAL
Wall at the Firehouse Arts Center from January
5 to February 3.
Nicole Wakeman will be exhibiting contemplative new work at the Firehouse Arts Center in Pleasanton beginning February 3, upstairs on the PAL Nancy Thompson Memorial Wall. Her high-chroma abstract and mixed media acrylics blend color, texture and movement to entice the viewer in for a closer look. An award winning professional artist, Nicole shows throughout the East Bay; more of her work can be seen at www.nicolewakeman.com
California Watercolor Association 45th Annual National Exhibition, through February 21. A stunning and colorful exhibition to start the New Year! 75 national artists featuring 75 water media paintings that span a wide variety of technique and style. From abstract and somewhat viscous to minutely detailed and layered in delicate transparency. There is something for everyone to enjoy. There will also be painting demonstrations on the following Saturdays: February 7, CWA Plein Air Group; February 14, Qian Gao; February 21, Samantha McNally and Georganne Zaro Eddy. Visit www.firehousearts.org.
- When: See above.
- Where: Firehouse Arts Center located at 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton.
- What: Linda Jeffery Sailors will show her abstract watercolors on the Nancy Thompson Memorial PAL Wall at the Firehouse Arts Center from January 5 to February 3.
- What: Seductive, whimsical, funny, sweet, captivating, enchanting, magnetic, painful, distressing, and bewitching. The Bothwell Arts Center, in conjunction with Visit Tri-Valley’s Romancing the Arts, presents an exploration on how we love to love love.
Show: January 27 through March 3 for Bankhead
Reception: Sunday, February 22 from 2- 4 pm., free and open to the public.
- Where: Bankhead Theater
Livermore Art Association will showcase fine
art pertaining to vineyards and winemaking.
This event will celebrate local artist’
appreciation for living and producing art in
our own wine making region. There are 27
artists showing over 40 pieces of art in a
wide variety of mediums. Entries include
photography, paintings, drawings, papercuts,
and mixed media 3D art.
Judging the show – Bonnie Bartlett is a watercolorist, belongs to the Livermore Art Association, and owns Charles R Vineyards in Livermore along with her husband Dick. Peggy Fleming is an artist, vintner in Los Gatos, and an Olympian Gold Medalist. Peggy and her husband owned Fleming Jenkins Vineyards. Darcie Kent an artist and owner of Darcie Kent Vineyards in Livermore. Darcie is a fourth generation vintner who creates large paintings and labels for her wine bottles. All three judges will be judging this show on the merit of representing the winegrowers industry.
Monetary prizes amounting to over $1000 will be awarded, thanks to very generous Vineyard owners.
The show reception will start at 5:30 PM on Wed, Feb 4th. Refreshments will be served including local wine. Awards will be announced.
The Grapes to Wine in Art show is part of many programs offered by the Livermore Civic Library in Feb. The programs center around the wine making industry. The Library is reading Peter Mayle’s “A Good Year”, the choice of the 2015 'Livermore Reads Together'.
Show: Sunday, Jan 25th through Friday, Feb 27th
Reception Wednesday Feb 4th, 5:30 PM
- Where: Livermore Civic Center Library
- What: Livermore Art Association will showcase fine art pertaining to vineyards and winemaking. This event will celebrate local artist’ appreciation for living and producing art in our own wine making region. There are 27 artists showing over 40 pieces of art in a wide variety of mediums. Entries include photography, paintings, drawings, papercuts, and mixed media 3D art.
- What: Justin, a member of LAA and PAL, is a professional travel photographer.
- Where: Robert Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Ave., Livermore
- When: January 6 to 30
- What: Linda Beach, Mark Mertens and Debbie Wardrope will be exhibiting their pastel paintings along with Ruth Hussey and Pat Suggs.
- Where: Village Theatre Art Gallery in Danville, located at 233 Front Street in Danville.
January 9 through February 28
Reception: January 9 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Fee: $199 early bird before December 1, 2014 or $209 after that.
- What: New Orleans Bash at the Bothwell, a Mardi Gras celebration returns on Saturday, February 7, complete with French Quarter decor, Louisiana style cuisine, Hurricanes, live New Orleans jazz and more. Artists, set designers, decorators, mask artists, volunteers and excellent musicians all join in the effort to make it a special night, creating everything from a Pirate’s Corner Bar with mast and sails to a street party setting in “Jackson Square”. Tickets on sale now at the Bankhead Theater box office, 2400 First Street, Downtown Livermore, 925 373-6800 or online at: www.bankheadtheater.org. Tickets: $15 Party Admission in advance, $20 at the door. $30 Preservation Hall Concert and includes Party Admission.
- Where: The Bothwell Art Studios at 2466 8th St., Livermore.
- When: Saturday, February 7
- What: Join Wente Vineyards for a reception showcasing "Flow", an exhibition of Linda Ryan's new Acrylic Pour Abstracts and the Wente Vineyards Small Lot Artist Series, artwork also by Linda Ryan, on Sunday, January 4, 2015, 1:00-3:00 pm. The artwork will be on display through January 25, 2014. The four Small Lot Artist Series wines will be available while supplies last.
Show: Through January 25, 2015
Reception: January 4, 2015, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Where: Wente Estate Winery, Tasting Room, 5565 Tesla Rd, Livermore