To announce an event or activity on this page, send email to
Events, Exhibits and Activites
- What: If you have not been to the LAA Gallery in a while, you are in for a treat! The old is out and the new is in! Member artists, who have been busy creating, are proud to celebrate the second quarter with new work in a show entitled Our Artists’ Treasures. Come by and see what your fellow artists have been up to! You will surely be inspired! Tell your friends and out of town visitors. They are certain to enjoy the work too. Thursday’s Farmers Market begins their new season on May 15 and runs every Thursday through Oct. 16 along the streets surrounding the Carnegie Building. Hours are 4-8 pm. Each week various gallery members will display work for purchase in front of the Carnegie. Members of LAA who are not gallery members are also invited to sell their work at this weekly event.
- When: Through August
- Where: LAA Gallery
Nancy Thompson Memorial PAL Wall, upstairs at the
Firehouse Art Center:
John West, Travel Watercolors, through July 1,
Carol Hilton, Photography, July 1-28, Linda
Garbarino, “Art and the Woman,” July 28-
August 18, Rebecca Chou, Abstracts, August
Jade Fon Retrospective & Plein Air Painters Exhibit, June 20 to July 26 at the Firehouse Art Center, Pleasanton. Jade Fon taught in the Bay Area and 25 years ago established and conducted the annual Asilomar Watercolor Workshops which many PAL and LAA members attended. This exhibit will showcase some of his most memorable works as well as those by people who studied with him and follow in his footsteps today.
Lobby and Hallway Galleries: Paintings by Bay Area artists Jeff Snell and Lynda Briggs are currently on exhibit through August 13. Lynda's bright and bold paintings can be seen in the Downstairs Hallway Gallery, while Jeff's acrylic and enamel abstract landscapes are in the Lobby and Upstairs Alcove Galleries. Be sure and stop by to see these works while you are visiting the Firehouse Arts Center and Harrington Gallery--they make for fun summer art viewing!
- When: See above.
- Where: Firehouse Arts Center located at 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton.
- What: Nancy Thompson Memorial PAL Wall, upstairs at the Firehouse Art Center: John West, Travel Watercolors, through July 1, Carol Hilton, Photography, July 1-28, Linda Garbarino, “Art and the Woman,” July 28- August 18, Rebecca Chou, Abstracts, August 18-September 30
From July 5th through August 31st, nine
Tri-Valley artists exhibit in a group show
celebrating the art of the tree at the
Bankhead Theater. A reception for the artists
is set for Wednesday, August 6, 2014, from
6:00 to 7:30pm. Works include contemporary,
re-visioned and traditional art in multiple
Landscapes have long been a favorite subject of art, and trees inject context and emotion into an otherwise ho hum image. Trees battle the elements in a dry, drought-ridden landscape, in lonely solitude atop a hill by the sea, or together in a green grove. They can shimmer mirror-like in a cool pool of water or branch out silhouetted against a warm summer sky. They frame and lead the eye in a landscape, turning a confused vista into an organized visual thought. A portrait of a tree can symbolize many things, from a reflection of ourselves and humanity to a celebration of all things green. In short, trees breathe life into our atmosphere and into our art.
Exhibiting artists, in alphabetical order, include: Lisa Bergman, Walter Davies, Jill Denton, Alan Frank, Peggy Frank, Earle Ipsen, Jen Lock, Chuck McGregor, Jennifer McGregor, D'Anne Miller, Charlotte Severin.
Show runs through August 31.
Reception: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, from 6:00 to 7:30pm. The reception is free and open to the public.
- Where: Bankhead Theater
- What: From July 5th through August 31st, nine Tri-Valley artists exhibit in a group show celebrating the art of the tree at the Bankhead Theater. A reception for the artists is set for Wednesday, August 6, 2014, from 6:00 to 7:30pm. Works include contemporary, re-visioned and traditional art in multiple media.
- What: Larry Gibson, Linda Sailors, Norma Webb, Edmee Keele, Margie Huffman and Eugenia Zobel will show their work at Wente Estate Winery
- Where: Wente Vineyards, located at 5565 Tesla Road, Livermore.
- When: Month of July. Reception July 6 from 1-3 pm
- What: The show features everything from horses to seascapes. "I live in the heart of the American Southwest," explains Utah artist Kate Starling, "and I have to travel no further than out my door to make paintings that speak about this unique beauty."
- Where: Knowlton Gallery
July 1 - August 23
Recpetion: Saturday, July 12, 1 - 4 pm.
- What: Alka Vaidya will be displaying her watercolor and oil landscapes and still life paintings at Garre Winery Restaurant
- When: July and August
- Where: Garre Winery
- What: Lynda is exhibiting her acrylic paintings in a group show, “Flora and Fauna” for Slate Contemporary.
- When: Through September 27
- Where: San Ramon Valley Conference Center